When you are planning the construction of a private residence, it is imperative that you are able to bring your ideas to life in not only an aesthetically pleasing, but a realistic manner, too. Revit BIM software has been developed to assist architects and construction managers in developing and designing 2D or 3D renderings. Using the right CAD drafting software will help you achieve the best results in a realistic time period.
Here are some tips and benefits to utilizing Revit BIM software for residential construction:
- Saving costs: Due to the fact that your project is simpler than the construction of a high-rise building, office structure, or hospital, you may not need to take on the services of an architect to design your structure. A CAD service company will be able to assist you in drawing up initial designs.
- Functionality: By utilizing building information modeling software (BIM) you can adequately plan the physical and functional characteristics of your new home. Floor plans, upper floor framing, cross sections, foundation plans, and other structural details will all be designed in the program, enabling you to bring your vision and plans to life in a realistic manner that is functional and viable.
- Risk management: The software will assist you in creating a virtual construction of your residential structure. By doing this, you can assess any potential risks or problems, and any negative impacts that could affect the construction before you commence.
- Scale and planning: The BIM software enables you to plan and quantify products and materials that will be needed on site. This allows you to lower the likelihood that there will be excess waste materials on site. In addition to this, determining the correct scaling of the project through the BIM software will enable you to ensure adequate safety measures are implemented throughout each step of construction.
- Project management: You will not only be able to render your residence, stage by stage, but you can measure material quantities, create timelines, and note other important aspects involved in the construction. The right BIM software makes the project management of your residential construction simpler and more efficient.
- Conversion: Once your rendering has been completed, with inclusion of measurements, site plans, specifications, and other details, you can print your plans out. This gives you something solid to work off, edit, and improve, should you need to go back to the drawing board.
- Budget: Due to the accurate rendering and material calculations, you will be able to determine any budget hiccups and extensions that will be necessary upfront. Use the software to calculate material requirements to directly calculate how much money you will need for various aspects of the construction project, allowing leeway for any unforeseen expenses onsite.
Once you have completed your rendering in your BIM software program, print out copies of the plans and give them to all people involved in the residential construction project. Before you do this, if you have the right BIM software, you will be able to interactively collaborate with the various project assignees in order to commence construction in the smoothest manner possible. For the most comprehensive BIM CAD service system for your residential construction project management, call us at (800) 700-3305.