CAD drafting services are an invaluable tool for various construction and architectural functions. Let’s explore the various industries that utilize 3D CAD services and how this software benefits them.
Infrastructure professionals in the industry of civil engineering utilize 3D CAD services to not only design their structures, but to understand the limitations and various other requirements that are necessary for the construction of the structure. Here are some other benefits of CAD services for civil engineering:
- Foundations are depicted, which assists with further planning.
- Rendering services for civil engineering can be tailored to meet the needs of specific construction projects – such as bridges, railroads, and buildings.
- Multiple project teams can collaborate on the same project by using the software, enabling refined rendering and planning.
- The software also assists with production plans, which greatly benefits project managers who are working on site.
- Visual analysis is available for river and flood risks, as well as for storm water management and sanitary analysis.
- The model will dynamically update for any changes or additions.
Architects use CAD software to design their structures, interiors, and all additional site requirements. There are 2D and 3D CAD services that can be used. Here are the main uses for CAD in architecture:
- 2D drafting services will be used by architects to design the layout and dimensions of a construction project. This is the traditional blueprint that was previously created as a sketch, but which has now been modernized to function in a CAD software program.
- This 2D CAD drawing can then be used to assist in developing a 3D CAD model of the structure. The 3D model will allow multiple architectural objects to interact with one another, such as windows and doors, which will result in better risk management and more accurate project results.
- Architects can switch between the 2D and 3D models when necessary.
Although an architectural firm may have rendered a model for a structure set to be built, the construction company will also need to do their own planning and calculation. They will then use construction-specific CAD software to determine the following:
- Process management. Once the model has been created, all the required materials, processes, risks and inter-leading project factors will be determined and documented to ensure smooth operational processes.
- Because of the accurate representation and scale, it is possible to accurately quantitate the amount of materials that are needed on site to complete the project.
- Architectural firms can perform a paper to CAD conversion in order to begin optimizing and improving their design using the software.
There are many benefits for these three industries in the utilization of CAD software. Most CAD and BIM software programs will be specialized for each industry’s unique requirements, in order to ensure tailored programs that are extremely detailed and that leave no stone unturned. Gone are the days of cumbersome blueprints and manual recalculating with every addition or change.
CAD software leads to project efficiency because the software is enabled to record lines as vectors based on mathematical equations. This means that when a portion of the drawing is adjusted, removed, or added, it will automatically adjust the drawing as a whole and recalculate certain determining factors. For these comprehensive and efficient CAD services, contact us on (800) 700-3305.